Rotational Banner

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Baby on board


The Subaru Impreza WRX STI, no matter how many times I say that name, I will smile. I smile because I love my Subaru, but also for other people who love their Subarus. Maybe it doesn't have to be about how much torque your car has, or how much boost you are running. It doesn't have to be about loud exhausts and AWD power slides. What I've experienced today is the whole other side to loving a Subaru. It was the reason I had changed to a Subaru in the first place: Practicality, Confidence, and Safety.

This afternoon, I went out to a friend's house and had a delicious home made lunch. One of my dearest friends went as well, and she brought along her eight month old baby. As we left, I told them that I could drive her and the baby home. The four door, AWD, 300 horsepower monster was ready to take on this task. We fitted the baby seat in the back, and it was just at that moment, that I realized, "Wow, this car, is truly amazing."



For all of the days I have been on the road, I've always added some "spirited driving" to make it more fun. However, because there was a baby on board, I was driving safe, and I had forgotten that this car can be just like any other car: Tame, calm, and safe. It was so peaceful infact, that the baby had fallen asleep after five minutes of driving! And there was no worry about the sun being too bright on her eyes, since the rear windows on my STI are limo tinted, lol.


I've once talked to a man about his 2004 Subaru STI. He had told me he sold it, because he had children. Personally, I don't think that children should even be a compromise to keeping an STI. At the end of the day, I've learned to love my Subaru even more.

There are just so many more adventures to embark with this Subaru, I can't wait to see where we go next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave questions or comments!