Rotational Banner

Friday, March 30, 2012

Daily Driving, Daily Life

Apex Performance has become a helpful sponsor to Machine Zealots for the last couple of months. In a couple of weeks, Machine Zealots will be airing the very first sponsored episode as PuYang and I install the Hawk HP Plus racing brake pads on the 2006 Subaru STI.

Last night, was a movie night, so I took the car out in the rain. As many people know, the Bridgestone Potenza RE070 ultra performance summer tires are very prone to hydroplaning. Alas, the tires did lose traction at one of the harder turns. The STI's LSD and AWD system was pretty good though, the car remained composed as it slid in the rain. The hard tires, suspension, mixed with the steering wheel, gave me a feeling of confidence and absolute control, I could feel how the car was reacting to the pavement. Even though the car did slide, I didn't feel fear. Although most of the time I remain a responsible driver, the STI's brute torque and power is just too tempting to pass up. If you drive or have driven an STI, you know what I'm talking about.

Here are some teaser shots from the upcoming episode:




A small update for those of you who actually care about the process of the video making, you may be happy to hear that I took the advice from you guys to record the voice over parts with a better microphone. It does sound a lot better! Some of you may have noticed Machine Zealots recently ran into some copyright claim issues with YouTube. We are still sorting out the issue, not sure how long this will take, but I will keep you guys in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave questions or comments!