Rotational Banner

Monday, April 4, 2011

2011 International Autoshow

On Thursday, March 31st 2011, my friend Allen (2010 Subaru STI) and I went to the 2011 International Autoshow. It was only open for a few days to the general public. Luckily, one of my dearest friends, hooked me up with free tickets to this thing, so I happily enjoyed my field trip. Thanks Yan!

The show itself was held at a brand new convention center, and the place was confusing... My friend and I went in, took an escalator downstairs, then one more upstairs, only to get to the same floor we came from. On the way, we literally only saw five cars, and we were already at the exit of the show. LOL. /facepalm

I have heard that the show wasn't great, but I had no idea it was only five cars! Luckily, a nice lady who worked there asked us how the show was, to which we replied, "Wtf? It's OVER? That sucked, five cars?".

She then soon realized, we actually missed the entire autoshow, which was being held in this doorway that we had not noticed along the way. Long story short, we found it eventually, and went in lol.



 


Okay, if you watched the ENTIRE video, I applaud you, and I would like to offer you a gold star, because frankly, that video was boring. I'll tell you this, when I was watching the video post-edit, I fell asleep... My foot kicked, and jolted me awake. Then I realized, "Wow this video is still going?"

I suppose it's a mix of the camera's non-stop circling, and the smooth music. Next time I have insomnia, I'll give this video a shot =D.

On to the car show itself.

Notice I've skipped a couple of makes. I do not have Hyundai, Kia, or Toyota in the video. Please do not be offended if you like any of those makes, they just don't interest me, and I had limited data space to record on my GoPro. The overall show was okay... A couple of new cars, mostly fuel efficient cars, and a couple of highlights. Like I have mentioned above, due to limited data space, I did not film EVERY single car at the show. I only shot the ones that interest me, or the ones that I felt was worthy to film. However, I do believe I caught the essence of the entire show with the video. It was no carnival... everyone was pretty quiet, talking amongst each other, and some people took turns sitting inside various cars. Allen and I did sit in a couple cars, mainly seeing the differences in the manual gear box and clutches of various cars. Out of all of the manual transmission cars I sat in, I have to say the three cars that had the best gear box and clutch combination were the Mazda 2, Fiat 500, and the Nissan 370z. The Mazda 2 for having such a sporty gearbox and clutch for such a small car. The Fiat 500 for having the softest clutch and buttery smooth gearbox. The Nissan 370z for having an easy sliding gearbox, as well as having, in my personal opinion, the perfect throw for the shifter.

Of course, my favorite car there was the Firebreather Concept car. Man, I love that thing. That would be such a badass thing to drive. I mean, over 600HP is really awesome, but mostly, the look is just so wild. It really does look like a phoenix!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave questions or comments!