Rotational Banner

Saturday, April 30, 2011

New Oil Knowledge. What would you do?

Hey guys, this morning, ROD1 from the C5 Forums posted an interesting thread about oil and filters. You guys should have a look. Please don't skim, read the whole thing.

Okay. I'll start the discussion. While most of the stuff in that article is contradicting what we know, I do see some truth behind it. However, another very well known oil expert, Bob the Oil Guy, seems to have different views. Most of what Bob says is what we sort of know. Anyway, I'm not sure what to think, because I am no scientist, and I can not prove one theory over another. Therefore, I'm left kind of stumped.

However, I will say this though, I kind of like the idea of the Pure Power oil filter. I am considering buying one to test out on my next oil change. $200 is still chump change for an experiment, and I'm willing to try it out.

So questions of the day: Are you going to start using 10w30 oil instead of 5w30? Are you going to continue to use synthetic? Let me know what you guys think, leave a comment here, or feel free to post on the Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave questions or comments!