Rotational Banner

Monday, April 11, 2011

Transformations, but not a Transformer

A lot has been going on in my mind lately, mainly where I want my car to end up. A couple of months ago, I made some Photoshop concepts of my "finished" project car. I ended up with something like this:


Not much has really changed in my plans. I got my fender stripes applied, which looks fantastic. I have the red caliper paints to do soon. With those red colors in the picture, the Camaro really draws more attention. Good and bad. The last things left to do this summer is swap out the rotors, tint the rear windows, and POSSIBLY Spoiler. However, just because there are so many options out there right now, and the mere fact that it costs more money, I am going to wait until all of the above mentioned mods has been completed.

Then it occured to me, instead of adding stuff to the car, what about taking stuff away? To this, I mean, debadging. Don't get me wrong, I am not going to debadge my front and rear bowties, I wear those Chevy badges proudly. However, the fender emblems has never really tickled my fancy. I mean, I don't mind them, but I've always wondered if the car would look better with them off. I'll tell you one thing, it's not an easy thing to wax around the fender lettering. Well, I had some time off today, and I decided to do some more photoshopping and de-badged the car digitally. Perhaps I will add this to my list of stuff to do for this summer. I mean, it's not costing me anything, but it can change the look, drastically.


3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'm interested to see how this turns out. I do want to debadge Jade (Camaro) but only so I can replace it with black lettering, without it I feel like theres a little too much green shining through :). However, on the other hand, if I debadge and get the rally stripes applied, that would keep the green somewhat in check and make washing that area a breeze.... Jagan, I now have a decision to make LOL.

    I personally think you should keep them BUT make them match your concept's rim color. Just my .02

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, not a bad idea.. I like how you thought of painting them gold. Hmmm... I'll really have to consider that one. Personally, I wouldn't paint mine black. The reason is, I already have a black car, if I wanted to stealth, I should debadge alltogether. However, people are telling me what if I regret debadging. I suppose that's where you are standing as well.

    I never regret my decisions, good or bad, that's my personality. But I love your idea of making them gold. Now I have to do more research lol. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome lol, consider it a token of appreciation for all the DIYs and reviews you do. They help me a lot with some of the ideas I roll around for Jade (perfect example: Rally Stripes). So I'm happy to help with an idea if I can. I like the way you think man, no regrets! If you decide to make them gold be sure to post pics! Also, I think I'm going to crack open my CS5 and make another concept myself. I've got alot of ideas that I want to get a feel for!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave questions or comments!